Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Re: Topic Tuesday // Strategies for coping during the holiday season // Tuesday 21st December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hey @Judi9877, so nice to see you here this evening Smiley Happy Please feel free to jump in to the discussion 🎄

Re: Topic Tuesday // Strategies for coping during the holiday season // Tuesday 21st December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hi there @Former-Member @cloudcore @pisces_1 @BPDSurvivor @Fluttershy1 @Lani @MDT and all here. Sorry I'm late to the party! I was having an early evening snooze after doing Christmas shopping. 

I really struggle with the crowds of Christmas shopping and the need to be festive and in the Christmas spirit at times when people expect me to be. I do love Christmas; it's just that it's hard to be happy and festive all the time.

Judi9877

Judi9877

@BPDSurvivor you just brought a smile to my face, what an amazing achievment! Congratulations 👏 I bet that is the best Christmas present you could give to yourself.

@BPDSurvivor , that is quite the milestone- first year without formal supports! How are you feeling ahead of this period?

In the past, I isolated myself. Over time, I slowly introduced events into my life during this time for which I would be accountable to attend. For example, last year I attended online DBT art therapy sessions on 24th, 25th & 26th Dec. This helped a lot. I didn't have to physically have people around me, but I still had virtual 'company'.

@Former-Member @pisces_1 @cloudcore @Fluttershy1 @MDT 

Thank you. I never knew it would be this difficult. My dad passed away October 2019 and that was hard but mum got me through it. Now I feel I have no one. Because no one can replace my mum. I have 2 grandchildren that I have to be happy for at Christmas, they are almost 4 yr old and a 17mth old. I just can't see how I'm going to look happy when inside I'm broken

Re: loneliness

I have found some very helpful tips and some good advice on some YouTube channels

There is one called Einzelganger

They are based on stoicism and eastern philosophy

My dr gave me some meds but I’m not to be on them for too long so I don’t take them

I agree @Judi9877

Thank you that would be wonderful