Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: What does "FUN" look like to you?

@Spirit_Healer 

That Yiruma piece was beautiful, never heard it before. Thanks so much for sharing 

@Meowmy 

Your fun things all sound fun to me too. I might add playing in puddles with a raincoat and wellies

Thanks for the tag @Oaktree 

To me fun is spending time with hubby and my kids. We dont have to be doing much, just that time together is precious to me. To see them happy makes me happy. 

@Snowie 

Oh that is such a sweet answer!

Feel free to tag a bunch of people 

@tyme 

FUN 

for me ,its like anything that make my mind free and filled with happiness. 😁

Pretty awesome points there @Tilz @Oaktree @Snowie @Meowmy @Spirit_Healer

Actually,, thinking about it, I think 'fun' is when I don't have the burden of deadlines...this idea may change after I think about it more tonight.

Thinking back to all the 'fun' times, it was time with the kids, going out fishing, camping, to the beach, bike riding. I think I enjoy camping a lot. 

hi @tyme and all

for me i actually dont seek 'fun' what i seek is things that bring me peace and a sense of wellness. Things like going to breakfast or dinner with a friend, walking on the beach at sunrise/sunset, sitting in the cool ocean breeze, sitting at one of the lookouts and taking in the view.

Hey there @tyme  and @Oaktree 

i really don’t have an answer as to what fun is these days..till recently, I have been focussed on many things that were necessary (significant pressures) rather than a choice - that has taken up the last 24 years. It’s only in the last maybe year or so that I have had time back to consider what I like, and what I might enjoy as something fun. 
I do enjoy doing things like cooking, driving long trips, and the sense of achievement that I get with study now I’m back at  formal education, however I think I need to rediscover what the meaning of fun is, and how that relates to me now it’s been so many years since I have been out from under significant pressures. 
As a young person I used to enjoy doing things, however most of the time they had an overtone of fear due to the environment, so there wasn’t much ‘fun’ there (and there was significant expectation - one of the reasons I know quite a bit about mechanical stuff, which I turned into an asset and eventually an enjoyable thing to do). 
I have tried to use the experiences I’ve had as positive things in my own life, so I guess in a way that could be classified as a form of fun when it turns from something with connotations that aren’t so nice to something that is an enjoyable thing to do when it’s done in a different environment that is positive..? 🌺🙂

still, there’s a part of me that ‘feels’ those past places and spaces even when I am doing something enjoyable, and I know that this will always be there with me - but that’s ok; that’s me feeling like I’m accepting all of me (the good, the hurt, and the growing, all at once 🙌🏻🌺💜🙂)

I rhink fun for me when im feeling a bit down is anything to do with comedy.

sometimes i watch tiktok videos and i  love to  watch stand up comedians online such as Jimoen, Nick Cody, Urzila Carlson.

I have already posted something on this thread, but it didnt go through. so I will try again.Id just like to say fun for me is anything to do with comedy. When i need a pick me up I google

comedians online such Jimoen, Nick Cody, Urzila Carlson, just to get a laugh in my day. I also watch tiktok videos, and really only try to focus on the funny videos because some of the stuff on there is depressing lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance