Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @eth Good to see you about.

I received a phone message yesterday (on Mobile) from NDIS.This message said (was) that there is an Outcome/ Result for my NDIS Application – My Application to Access NDIS has been Assessed, with a Outcome (Yes/ No)I was not told this Outcome/ the Result of my NDIS Application.

I phoned the NDIS back.I was told that there is a Result for my NDIS Application – Yet they did not know what that Outcome/ Result was.

My phone call was not returned.

Then I went through it all again today (Thursday), 2nd day in a row - Still no return phone call, & have not yet been informed of the NDIS Outcome.

Adge

Always good to see you @eth  and thanks for the mention.

Emelia 💓

Yes @Adge hearing you.  NDIS can be VERY frustrating to deal with.  Hopefully you'll get something in writing from them, either email or snail mail.  Hang in there mate.  Also hope the outcome is in your favour.

Hi @eth  .... 👋💕

Thanks @eth Much appreciated.

An outcome in my favour would be wonderful - A Huge Surprise, having rarely happened.

Hi @Adge there was a bit of oddness in communications around the time I found about the ndis decision on me. I am so hoping it is in your favour. 

Hi @eth it seems you and I share that obsessive tendency, both of us works in progress in growing the balance in different areas of our lives, as we have already done in many ways along the way. I believe we have both been successful in gaining greater balance already when looking back over our wilder times.

Seems to me a good choice with rolling over the plan, a more relaxed option. Perhaps my main inspiration in recovery at this time in life is greater ease of mind, heart and spirit. More enjoyment and a fuller realisation that I am a good person and enough.

Related to this I am understanding mindfulness in a new way, something I've previously been hazier about. This, despite being first introduced to mindfulness over thirty years ago by my first psychiatrist and having engaged with it in different ways and at different times of my life. I have always found it hard to get a real grip on what it means.

But this first month or so of ndis support has been very body-focused, with therapists trained and experienced in physical healing and in mindfulness. Without really having to strain or push myself much at all, I find myself connecting more in this healing way to the body and senses. The benefits to health and enjoyment of myself and the world are already noticable.

Being released from some of the physical pain in itself is understandably helping as well. I continue now to feel blessed by this ndis journey, after the earlier hurdles of bureaucracy and strong resistance in myself to that, and the politics of the whole scheme. Now I am grateful.

Do you have Mygov @Adge  ? maybe its on there

Thanks for Support & encouragement @eth @Mazarita @TAB @Emelia8 @Faith-and-Hope

I finally got a return call from NDIS - After 3 days of repeated attempts, leaving several requests for the Outcome of my Application.

My Application was Rejected - I am "Too high functioning, to meet their criteria" (according to NDIS).

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance