Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Feeling guilty

Hi @Gazza75  @eth 

thanks again for your time again, you’re very kind people.

i have my second session tomorrow so I guess we will see how this one goes.

im going to try get out and do something active this weekend @Gazza75 , haven’t really felt like doing much this week but hopefully it’s a nice day and I can go for a walk or something.

Unfortunately @eth  my work has very strict guidelines and I don’t think I’ll be looking at anything less than termination.

I think I’ll try write a letter like you suggest @eth. The app doesn’t make me feel any different.

hope you guys are having a good week.

macca

Hi @Macca00 @Gazza75 and good morning.

@Macca00  writing a letter sounds a good idea.  I tend to use a journal and just pick up the pen and start writing without trying to plan it or rethink the words on the first go - I call it 'splurge' writing and find it really helps.  Then I walk away from it for at least a few hours and come back and re-read it, possibly editing or adding more to it.  Having it in a journal means I can go back to it after some time has passed and see where I was at, work out what progress has been made (or not!).  

Yes a bit of exercise really helps with MH management.  Hope you do get to have some and that your week has been a bit better.  Keep sharing here - it does help knowing you're not alone.

Hoping your second session goes well for you.

Take care.

Hi @eth 

I gave the letter a go, I really made me think about what had happened and while it upset me I’m somewhat glad I did it.

I think I might do another letter soon, while the other was quite long I now feel as though I have a lot more I want to say.

Thanks for the message though and ill keep at it. 🙂

Hi @Macca00   glad to hear the letter writing is working for you.  One thing you can do is write as if you were supporting a good friend going through the same experience.  Just  a suggestion.  

Hang in there and take care.  Be gentle with yourself.  

At some stage you might want to look at "the 7 stages of grief" - you can google it.  It has really helped me at times over the years.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance