Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with Loneliness

@PeppyPatti I totally agree @Lollipops is a good name.

@PeppyPatti I hope whatever you watch or listen to brings you joy, relaxation or inspiration.

G

@Glisten @cloudcore @Lollipops @Glisten @dazza12 @ChouxieChou  

An analogy of a lollipop could be that just like a lollipop brings sweetness and joy to someone's day, a kind gesture or act of kindness can also bring happiness and positivity to someone's life. Just as a lollipop is a simple treat that can brighten someone's day, small acts of kindness can have a big impact on others.

I copied that from somewhere about lollipops. 

I'm going to the supermarket to purchase a cuppa chup. 

Don’t forget to brush your teeth 🪥 

@PeppyPatti @Lollipops 😁

G

Hi All! 

Thank you for being such a welcoming bunch! I've  moved to Brisbane about four months ago from a regional town in Central Australia and am kind of struggling with regulating when it comes to interpersonal relationships and starting fresh. 

To answer the below questions: 

1. Loneliness looks like going on the dating apps and not talking to anyone, messaging my friends on socials and not receiving a response, and then I sort of regress into myself and when people do get back to me, I don't reply. I think its a vicious cycle. 

2. For me, loneliness feels like a deep dark void, like something is missing deep in me. Sometimes its not sad but its just a part of me. 

3. Between 5pm and 7pm after work, loneliness hits me the most. I think its coming home to a vacant apartment and knowing that there's not someone coming through the door to see me. 

4. Managing isn't the same as overcoming, but during that evening time, I try to take myself out for walks, I do a paint by numbers, a meccano set, journal and remind myself that its okay to be alone.  

Well that's my take on loneliness and I'm not sure I'll really ever overcome it but I'm sure I'll find ways to manage my feelings and develop some really good relationships in this awesome city 🙂 Stay well all!

@Chrisp hello

I'm PeppyPatti

Thankyou for writing in.Are you starting afresh after moving 

Relationship breakup ? 

Sorry if I'm wrong. 

The people here are great 

@dazza12 @cloudcore @Glisten @Lollipops @TAB @SmilingGecko @creative_writer @tyme @Jynx @Shaz51 @Jacques to name a few...

@Lila3 @Meowmy 

@Tilz @Madge @Adge @ELENKI @ Appleblossom 

My son Lives in Brisbane. I live on the other side of the universe in Perth. 

@Chrisp 👋🏼 welcome to the forum.

That is a BIG move.

Point 4. You wrote 

4. Managing isn't the same as overcoming, but during that evening time, I try to take myself out for walks, I do a paint by numbers, a meccano set, journal and remind myself that its okay to be alone. 
From my experience the end of relationship is a period of mourning. Grieving the loss of what you thought that person was, what the relationship was. The future you thought you had.

Your sense of place, belonging and purpose is gone.

It is a massive loss.

I have been permanently changed by my losses. I manage the grief a little better over time. I make time to grieve for the person I was. She tried so hard and didn’t deserve what happened to her.

I’m not her but I loved her. She fell in love with a man that didn’t exist and she mourns him like a widow.

I don’t know what my future holds. I know what I am good at and I know what makes me happy. I am a person in progress.

@PeppyPatti 

@Chrisp, @PeppyPatti this post moved me emotionally. Losses are hard. As life goes on, they grow like tumble weeds scattering the desert landscape. At least for some of us.

I was in a relationship with a person with narcissistic/ psychopathic traits. I nearly lost my life in that context. He was simply a mirage. Also a deeply troubled person. I grieve what I thought existed. Alas-castles made of sand.

Difficult endings are an opportunity to reflect on our strengths. What fire in you helped you survive or make the choice to move forward? Or was it a choice made for you?

Endings are also new beginnings. 🦋

@Lila3 we came out of a similar relationships. I’m still trying to get through the financial settlement. G

@Glisten yeah the repercussions are far reaching. Yet there will come an end point.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance