Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Elusive_fairy
Casual Contributor

Update

Hey folks.

After posting here a few months ago, I thought I’d give a bit of an update.

I shared a lot of my experience back when I was at a very low point. Everything kept catching up to me, and boy was I feeling hopeless and defeated. And rightfully so. Honestly, I’m a bit in awe of how well I’ve managed. And the whole time, thought I was a mess.

After finally reaching the processing stage in EMDR therapy, I’ve felt a huge difference after just 3 sessions.

It took many months of working with my current therapist to reach this point. 
After actually processing a core trauma and the subsequent self limiting beliefs, I’m the most consistently calm I’ve been, pretty much ever.

I’m not dissociating anymore, and actually remember a lot of my life now. I don’t even think in black and white anymore. 

I could go on, but honestly, it’s been such a long and perilous journey and I’m overwhelmed by how much I’ve overcome in a short time. Just thought I’d share. It’s just a lot to realise! Thanks for reading 

1 REPLY 1
Mustang67
Senior Contributor

Re: Update

Hi @Elusive_fairy I am so glad that you are making progress. It feels amazing when you realise you have finally found a way to deal with past issues and to move forward. 

Can you please  explain what EMDR therapy is?

Kindest regards 

Mustang67 🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance