Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

I heard @TAB @Glisten @Appleblossom @creative_writer @StuF @tyme @greenpea @Faith_Hope_Love @Lila3 @Shaz51 

That 60-70 yrs is supposed to be the best years of your life. 

I'm working on that happening. Throw years of disappointment out the window and begin living now 

Like @Glisten writes 

This is the first time we are doing life. I'm pretty new at it too @Glisten .....

Although the past is always present 

Love you all.....

PS - I think Mr Buddha is on a hot date .....

@MDT 

What ?? What did I ask ?? 

I'm going to Adelaide to see my brother for a few days next week. 

@MDT thanx for message. 

I'm not doing my chores I'm enjoying saying hello to all. 

Oh have something funny  to tell. I can never budget a good haircut in but am getting my haircut for going to Adelaide. So in past 2-3 days iv gone on all those AI ' change your hairstyle /hair colour and pretty much spent all my time looking at new hairstyles, colours where have terrible case of redeye today. And guess what iv decided ? Same haircut I always get and same hair colour that I get from the supermarket.... 

IMG-20240210-WA0002.jpeg

Top of the morning to you, @Shaz51!

Hey there @Adge ☺️🌺

CB125’s are very nimble, all day riders.. I used to have one of these when I did deliveries many many years ago! Loved it 😊 

ok the first and foremost thing I do when getting back on a bike that hasn’t been used for a while is (depending on how long), get a new set of tyres.. tyres have an expiry timeframe - they become hard, lose their grip, and no longer behave or wear as expected, and if they have been sitting for some time, they become brittle and don’t flex in the sidewall as much as necessary at correct pressures to maintain correct distortion when on lean angle, which reduces the contact area (the tyre distorts to maintain a larger contact area when on lean angle), so this combined with loss of traction of the material itself, there tends to be front wheel wash-out (low-side drops) towards the outside of a corner when on lean. 
Having said that, I check spark plugs for gunk, change the oil and filter, and check battery charge before kicking over the engine, to ensure it has the best chance of reducing engine wear and electrical poor performance. 
I make sure all the globes are new (changing headlight globes, blinkers and tail lights), just in case they have experienced corrosion. 
I adjust and lube the chain and sprockets, and check suspension seals to ensure no leaks. I also check and pack grease in steering bearings and swing arm bearings. As well as check the front and rear wheel bearings for dryness (put on bike stand and check for play in the wheel bearings). 
sometimes I drain and renew brake fluid, and I lube all cables, checking attachment points for fraying. The CB125 has a cable clutch (not hydraulic), so I pay particular attention to the cable attachment at the lever because there are lots of gear changes in a smaller engine CC to maintain power optimisation in the right rev range, and losing a clutch cable when riding is no fun when you need to make a lot of gear changes (unlike a larger CC engine which can handle greater ranges of road speed in each gear due to wider rev ranges of power and torque). 
I usually drop the fuel filter and replace it, while draining the tank to ensure the fuel isn’t off/got water in it/separated/gone sludgy, before starting. And I usually replace the hand grips so they aren’t hard or uncomfortable, both brand new soft silicone grips with a larger diameter to make it easier to grip for long rides (I have massive hands so a larger diameter makes it easier to hold the grip, and use the levers.. just a suggestion if you have long hands). 
I check my gear (helmet, leathers/protective pants/jacket, boots, gloves, etc) for wear or repair/replacement, before using. 
Oh, and I check/replace brake pads/drum/discs if needed. 

that’s about it for equipment, besides always having a small manual pump handy to check tyre pressures regularly - tyre pressure is essential to correct tyre function in emergency evasive manoeuvres, so I check it twice a week.

in terms of riding, if I haven’t ridden in a while, I go to a Carpark and practice all the manoeuvres included in the licence tests: emergency braking to full stop and immediate quick take-off, swerve and correct, cone weave (using lines or other markers - I don’t have any cones), super slow ride without putting foot down, complete u-turns while in motion, and hazard avoidance (eg: non-attentive pedestrians that do not observe motorcycles). 

Then, I’ll go for a longer ride on a road that doesn’t have much intersections or traffic, like a winding country road, to bed in the bike, and get reacquainted with how it feels at speed (now that I have gotten used to it again at low speed/controlling under emergency/hazard situations). 
once I’ve done that, I ride on street roads with intersections, lights, etc, when it’s not busy (usually at night) so I can get used to being in traffic streets, and become accustomed to the limits of the lights in darkness (headlight behaviours when turning the ‘bars, limitations of the headlight when on lean angle). Then, I’m pretty right to go, just paying attention from this point where I am positioned in traffic at all times to maximise visibility and braking (wheel track area on the roadway as opposed to the greasy bit in the middle of the lane where vehicles drop their grease and oil), and intelligently using other vehicles as shields from danger at intersections (like if someone runs a red light, I’m not the first vehicle that will be impacted).
If I find people around to ride with, I do go for rides with them, but I tend not to start out with them straight away because I do not want to pick up any potentially bad or lazy habits. 

Cornering skill is paramount, and never go above the speed at which one can correct an emergency (eg gravel half way through the corner on the road creating a differential loss of traction across both wheels - usually front wheel wash-out), or see beyond the corner. 
This skill has saved me at least a thousand times in all the years I’ve been riding, from dropping it in a corner or on the exit of a corner! 😊

Ok that’s about all I can think of for now, so I hope there’s something in there which is helpful to you 💜🌺🙂

most of all, enjoy the wind in your hair! 
🦩🌺🏍

Hiya @Appleblossom !!!

I hope you're well

@PeppyPatti

the trauma stuff you mentioned

Ah yes. It's truly amazing good. You don't feel anything's changed then 

You change. 

It's for me. My life has changed incredibly. 

Judith Richards is the creator of The Richards Trauma Process (TRTP). This Process resolves anxiety, depression and even the most extreme PTSD and trauma-related issues, generally in 3 sessions - quickly, effectively and very safely, without re-traumatisin

Hi @Shaz51 

Thank you so much for thinking of me 💜

I’m sorry for the time that it’s taken for me to reach back to you - I’m a bit all over the place at the moment.

I’m not up to much today, just picking up a few groceries and cleaning up some of the folders on my desktop 😊

I hope that you’re travelling ok 💜

Take care,

ShiningStar 💜

I hear you @PinkFlamingo ❤️

It really does happen all at once sometimes

That can be so overwhelming 

Especially when you're looking after your physical health

We're all here for you!

Hi @Glisten 🙂

Sorry for the late response 

I am well, how're you going?

You could say it was inspired by Jimi Hendrix's song, and Lavender is one of my favourite colours. It was an impulsive decision, hahah.

What is the story behind your handle? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance