Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Is this workplace bullying? I am unsure... this will be a long post

what do you do these days @saltandpepper ?

@MDT That all sounds very positive, you sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders. I hope it all turns out well for you. And that's absolutely the key, remembering there are always other options, always.

I'm self employed, thankfully able to lean on my creativity to fund my own venture. I struggle a lot with my mental health, good days and bad, so I can take on clients when I feel good and close up the books when I'm not managing. It is not at all steady money, and it depends entirely on how well I'm doing mentally as to how many clients I can take on and how much money I earn. But I don't have to explain myself to anyone or report to anyone, I just do what I can when I can

I hear that @saltandpepper
Quite a lot in fact
I'm slowly finding my way to a space where I can use my head hey.

I totally agree with your approach to work. That's the ideal hey.

Are you a painter?

Slowly does it @MDT nothing happens over night.

Well, without saying too much, my work tends to encompass a few different areas. I run a small business so I work with clients across a broad scope--photography, design and a whole lot of other things really. I had plans to do things differently this year so I wasn't going to be stuck with so much leg work, but then life happened and here I am not getting a whole lot of anything done. And I just can't bring myself to care, which I know is not going to be helpful in the long run, and it's going to hurt business down the road. But meh. Just can't right now.

its' understandable @saltandpepper
i feel for you

I am feeling bad about not going next tuesday now... i swear this always happens.... i take a stand then back down and feel bad if i do it...

@MDT Yeah it's not easy, I remember those battles--wanting to chuck a sickie but not being able to.

Number one priority in life should be taking care of your mental health--in my opinion. You are juggling a lot, if taking Tuesday off is going to help lessen the stress then DO IT. Do what you can to make the next few weeks easier to get through until you know if you're staying or leaving work.

Someone I used to work with said this to me, and it made me think twice about everything at work: No one else is going to take care of you. Work is not going to put your needs first. Only you can take care of yourself.

Agreed @saltandpepper
Work actually makes a big deal out of how progressive and accepting they are of peoples health. But its not the case. They are filled with BS. If they were then the manager last week would not have done what she did.

If they come after me for Tuesday then I'll just tell them what the deal is. They can't sack me anyway due to it being government role.

Yeah I agree - my health and life are mor important than this BS

I texted my friend and asked her what her opinion was. She said the answer was obvious. That why was I even asking her lol.
That gave me hope.

Yeah @saltandpepper gotta look at other more important things in life.

I am trying to get my login deets for my internship. Gonna have another go of it today. But yeah I feel there is a lot riding on it. Its worth worrying about i think.

I also have an assignment to complete today due tomorrow.

Plenty on the agenda.

Just gotta rock up Monday for work then that's it. Life goes on.

@MDT You've got a good attitude about it all, good on ya. With regards to the workplace mental health yadayada, most workplaces, especially larger ones, have to have those policies in place. The good thing about it is, they have to respond and address issues when they are raised by employees. But just because those policies exist, it doesn't mean everyone in the workplace adheres to them.

I'm glad you reached out to your friend and she gave you that support. Keep her in mind for the future if you start second guessing yourself with the work situation.

Assignments due tomorrow? On a Sunday? Jesus christ, uni sounds worse than I thought! Well you get that ugly assignment out the way and take it easy tonight then hey?

Exactly @saltandpepper
Its a private institution so its run a bit differently.

Yeah I have 90% of it done. I don't mind my result. Just as long as I pass. That's what matters.

Its one subject. Then next semester I do stuff I find interesting in IT.

I am catching a friend for dinner after he finishes work. Just having daggy pizza haha. Seeing if a place we went to ages ago is still there.

Yeah I am just in the middle of processing so much in life atm. That I guess it all rushes past.

By the end of the month hopefully I know the kay of the land vis a vie permanent role.

Anyway. Enough postulating for now methinks.

Time for the shower.

Chat later friend

@MDT No worries champ, enjoy your night

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance