Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Good Morning @Glisten thanks for the tag 😎

Hi @Glisten, I hope you are doing well this morning 🙂

Good Morning @Glisten  🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @SmilingGecko ☺️🌺

my day is going well so far - just trying to catch up on emails I haven’t responded to since Tuesday (and the week started so well! Hehe 😉).

oh that sounds very interesting regarding dyeing clothes to give them a new lease on life

- I used to do that with jeans when I was young, to return their dark blue and make them look new again 🙂

I hope it goes well with your dress, and you’re happy with the result. 
Dylon is a really good dye - I used that brand too 🌺

I hope you get a really nice result 💜🌺

Don't quite know what color to choose @Former-Member but was hoping for charcoal. Here is my dress from the op shop

Salvation army op shop dressSalvation army op shop dress

Its currently pale blue but it looks stone colored on this photo. I can't believe its a Canadian designer that uses political memes on their tags that say civil disobedience is an act of rebellion. What a laugh so funny when youre seeing the way Canada is going now! lol

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh, yes - I think charcoal would be very flattering colour for that texture and drape @SmilingGecko 😀👏🌺

And I also think that charcoal will cover the pale blue really well, rather than have a 'shadow' of the original colour, if that makes sense? 🙂

Thank-you @Former-Member yes charcoal will go well with it I think. I know what you mean about the original color seeping through and kind of producing a color that you aren't quite happy with in the end.

"Rit" brand dye is good for coloring acrylics. I used to use Dylon when I was a uni student sewing my own clothes and dyeing jumpers. Dylon was ok for natural fibres like cotton and wool. I just checked its no good for acrylics though. So I will be using Rit. Spotlight has a lovely charcoal dye in that range. I will let you know how I go with it. Don't want the water too hot otherwise it will ruin the fibre so that has to be done properly

I'm just slow cooking dinner since 10am. Getting a bit loathesome when it comes to late night dinners. Maybe I will try a shank like you suggested.  I used to braise shank with chinese herbs like longans, angelica and ju-jubes with foraged figs from a tree in the local neighborhood.  I don't do chinese herbs anymore as they can be packed in a gluten containing facility. I think I mentioned the mega supermarket style chinese shop to you that got renovated.

The old place had a lot of charm with birds flying in and nesting in the rafters and the girls freezing at the cashier with the breeze flowing in. Anyway its all done up now. Haven't been back since Covid. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes, charcoal over light blue will produce a really nice result I think @SmilingGecko 🙂🌺

Ah, yes that does make sense regarding acrylics - I haven’t ever dyed an acrylic fabric so that makes really practical sense regarding the type of dye to use. It’ll be lovely to see the end result once it’s all finished if you’re feeling happy with it and would like to post a pic ☺️

slow cooked dinner sounds very much like perfect cold weather food to have 😊💜

The veggies and figs sound a lovely match to braised shank 😋🥘

yes I do remember the supermarket - sounds like lots of changes since you last visited🙂

and that makes sense regarding being mindful of what things are packed beside.. my nephew (I haven’t seen him for many years) is very intolerant to gluten - before he was born he was gluten intolerant, which they discovered by some sort of antibody test when my sister in law was pregnant - the baby kept getting very unwell every time she ate food and they finally realised he was extremely gluten intolerant in utero. Little mite! 👶

when she transitioned to a gluten free diet, everything went well and he thrived 😊💜🌺

I hope you are having a nice afternoon 🙂🌺

i am recovering from a suicide attempt but having a hard time navigating the forums with this, feeling like its too much. is it okay to talk about that, and if so, what are the boundaries of doing so? i feel rejected that the moderators have not offered me a safe space to process my complex mental health, and feel discriminated as i wasn't given a reason. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance