Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

Hi @tyme , currently watching the footy (Sharks v Storm) otherwise a quiet afternoon here.

How's everything for you? Hi @Bow @Snowie xoxo

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @tyme @Eve7 @Snowie 

ive had another productive day making art, keeping my hands busy…. But my mind wanders ALOT 😩 

went to the shops this morning, got mysef some wonder clothes on clearance for our trip to the UK at the end of the year. 
finished up these for market tomorrow 

the watercolour prints are new and not sure how they will go. But worth a try. I like them… just wish my brain could believe what they say….. 

IMG_9501.jpeg

these polymer clay blocks are a lot of work. The flowers and leaves are fiddle to make. Then I gotta bake them. The wood I have to cut up with the jigsaw, sand, paint, sand again, write of them, Washi tape on the top, sand again, drill the holes, cut the wire and glue the flowers on to it, trim the wire cause I always cut it to long, wrap tape around the bottom of them so they don’t move as much in the holes and then glue the flowers into the holes. 
my arms and shoulders are super sore this arvo from all the sanding. 

IMG_9502.jpeg

And finally the you me and the dogs. One of my original pieces, but it’s had over 3k clicks on FB for some reason and I’ve made a heap of them this week. This one is for an Aussie lady who fell in love with a South African- this is what she ordered. 

we’ve packed the car. Now it’s time for dinner. And then I wanna fall into bed. 

what have you been doing today? 

@Bow @Eve7 @tyme 💌💌💌

Hope today is going well for you @Bow and you are getting lots of sales

💕💕

Hey @Bow ,

Thinking of you. Are you at the market today? I just read @Snowie post above.

OMG @Bow !

Your works of art make me cry! I LOVE them so much! I'm totally in love with them and continue to be in awe at how you make them. You are amazing Bow.

I just wanted to say again, I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate it when you share your work. I am so so so enthralled to see them.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @tyme  i really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. 

@Snowie @tyme market today was a bit of a flop unfortunately. It was a lovely morning setting up, but winds kicked in early and it was becoming rather dangerous. Stall holders were having their stock damaged. Bit disappointed in the market organisers today. They were there for set up and then basically left us in the hands of an inexperienced lady and went and did another market elsewhere. We were waiting around anxiously for this lady to make the call to pack up, but she never did.  I ended up calling it for us at 11am. We spent most of the morning holding onto our marquee and picking up stock off the ground. Sold 2 frames. 
And it was bitterly cold. 

At least I don’t have a heap of stock to replenish this week!

how’s your day been???

I have NO idea how markets work, but it sure sounded a little chaotic @Bow !

Do you have to pay to have a stall there, even if it's a day like today?

Also, I read you were going overseas again???! Wow! Why the UK? Do you have people there you know?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah it was pretty chaotic today @tyme 

Yes you have to pay to have a stall and fee vary. We’ve attended market with fees of over $100 and then other markets that are $50. Fees can also vary depending if you are a casual stall holder or a permanent. We attend a monthly country market, we have a permanent spot for $50. Todays market is on every Sunday and we aim to be there twice a month to be classed a semi regular for $60 a week. 
If they cancel you get a refund or credit. If you cancel, you don’t get anything back. It’s all a proper business. You have to have public liability insurance. 

Yes we are going to the UK for Christmas. That’s where my step dad was from. Mum wants to take some of his ashes back home. Have Christmas with his family. Mum has never been overseas before. So we will do all the london stuff again, then out of london to his family for Christmas, then heading to Windsor to explore and go to Lego land. Back to london to NYE and then to Paris. Will spend a few days in Paris exploring- D and I didn’t get to do this, we basically caught the early morning train from london, did the hop on hop off bus tour, went up the Eiffel Tower and then back to london. So will be nice to see a bit more of paris. And then…… Paris Disneyland! Finally train back to london and fly back home. 

Sorry about the market today @Bow Seems like the weather kept lots away too.

Your trip overseas sounds wonderful. Something to look forward to. Memories like that are a once in a lifetime.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance