Skip to main content

Title

Click here to edit subtitle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Well done for having lunch hon @creative_writer Hard when we lose our appetite. Like other things, sometimes we have to force ourselves to eat.

I've just been watching some tv. Watching re runs of Friends at the moment. Something I don't have to really concentrate on. This is where my psych would tell me to get off the couch and do something. I don't think she realises how hard that can be.

@Snowie sometimes having something playing in the background helps. I think sometimes people do not understand how difficult it is to live with complex mental health issues. It is often difficult to understand, unless someone has lived experience. I have days where I know getting out would help, but the idea of even changing my clothes feels exhausting

I do think they struggle to understand at times @creative_writer Even though my psych is good, there are just some things she doesn't understand. It is exhausting sometimes just trying to get that one small thing done. 

Trying to get out of the house - my brain fights against me so much. That part that just wants me to hide is so strong at times.

I don't like silence so normally have the tv on in the background. Even when I'm in bed I'll have the tv on.

Have you got any plans for tomorrow?

@Snowie I relate to you on psych not understanding certain things. I have felt that way multiple times. I don’t think anyone can really understand everything, though I wish someone could just feel what I feel, even if they didn’t understand everything. Finding those kind of people is very hard.

I don’t watch as much TV anymore, mostly just in my laptop or phone. I do watch YouTube videos or videos of Facebook. My attention span is pretty bad.

Probably try to get some uni stuff done. Do you have plans for tomorrow?

It's hard to find people that we can relate too @creative_writer I guess this is where these forums come in handy. People can relate to what you are saying. Even though we are limited to what we can say, sometimes it just makes things a bit easier.

I try and watch easy tv. Something I don't have to follow closely as my attention span is limited too. I stay away from any news/current affair shows too. Find them triggering.

No real plans for tomorrow. Everyone home because it's Anzac Day. Good because I'll have company, bad because I'll have to pretend like everything is ok. Probably just watch the Footy.

Hugs @creative_writer , @Snowie 

Yes we have just the TV on in the background 

I am on the mobile phone playing word games 

Or on the sane forum 

My hubby likes watching YouTube videos 

Yes @creative_writer , @Snowie 

Husband's MH team said  to him , " ohh you are OK now "

What !!!!! 

oh dear @Shaz51 that's not very good of Mr Shaz's MH team.

Makes you not want to reach out for help.

Yes @Snowie , totally agree and this is where he is now , not wanting to reach out and when the team said he has ASD but it is up to us to get a proper diagnosis 

That must make it even more difficult @Shaz51 

I get that a diagnosis has to be made by specific people but I'm at a loss to know why they can't organise it for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance